Wednesday 24 January 2018

"The moment was very valuable"


Devotee (2): Is there any instance when you were chastised by your spiritual master?
Prabhupāda: Oh, yes. Oh, yes.
Devotee (2): Can you tell us?
Prabhupāda: I remember the moment was very valuable. Yes.
Devotee (2): Can you tell us the story?
Prabhupāda: Yes. I think I have said that.
Satsvarūpa: When you were speaking to one man...
Prabhupāda: Yes. He became very angry and chastised me.
Jagajīvana: Śrīla Prabhupāda, was this during a lecture by Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta?
Prabhupāda: Eh?
Jagajīvana: Was this during a lecture?
Prabhupāda: Yes. I was not... One of my old brother, he, he wanted to speak something. So I leaned my... I immediately became... (laughter) So he chastised him more than me.
Devotee (2): When Lord Caitanya chastised someone more than Advaita Ācārya, Advaita felt that He had been neglected 'cause he had not received a greater chastisement.
Prabhupāda: He wanted to be chastised, so Caitanya fulfilled His desire. 

Morning Walk -- April 9, 1975, Māyāpur

No comments:

Post a Comment