Thursday 6 August 2015

"I am thinking of you as enemy"

Hayagriva: Is the humorous direct or indirect? One in humor?

Prabhupada: Humor, humor is practically in every direct relationship. And indirect also, there is humor. "I am thinking of you as enemy" -- that is also another type of humor. (Chuckles) Yes.

Pradyumna: Do the five direct rasas take place between jiva souls also when they are...

Prabhupada: Everything for jiva souls, all relationship. Krsna is one, the Supreme, and all the jiva souls are part and parcel of Krsna. Therefore the eternal relationship is there. Now they are exhibited in these twelve kinds of humor, either directly or indirectly. Jiva soul, a part and parcel, cannot be separated from the Supreme. Sun and the light, electric bulb, and the diffusion of light, they cannot be separated. But this portion is covered. It appears darkness. So when it is covered, that is called maya, and he thinks that "I have no relationship with God," or "I am God," "There is no God." This is maya. He is covered. He cannot see. So he has to be treated by this Krsna consciousness treatment, and the maya will be separated, and he will see, "Ah, yes, I am part and parcel of Krsna." Then he comes to the direct relationship. Anyone, so-called spiritualist or transcendentalist, if he is claiming that "There is no God," "I am God," "There is voidness," these are all disturbing positions, different symptoms of this disease of maya. It is disease. How one can think of, that he is God? That means he does not know what is God. If I say here that "I am President Nixon," would you accept it? Would you accept? Any one of you, if I say that "I am President Nixon," will you accept? Why? Why? Why? Why you do not accept me? I say, "I am President Nixon." Why do you not accept? Why?
Woman: I would say you are if you say you are.

Kirtanananda: You don't have the characteristics.

Prabhupada: No. That means you are not rascal. You are sane, that you do not accept me as President... That is one thing. At least you are not insane. So if I say, "God," and you accept, then how much insane you are. Just try to understand. How much insanity is there, one who is claiming that "I am God" and one who is accepting that he is God. This is insanity.

 Room Conversation -- May 10, 1969, Columbus, Ohio



No comments:

Post a Comment