Wednesday 10 December 2014

Adore adore ye all, The happy day



In 1936, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada offered this poem as a Vyasa Puja homage for His Divine Grace Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati.

“And then, in 1936, during this Vyasa-puja day, whatever I studied about our relationship with my guru maharaja, I expressed in this poetry, and since that day my Godbrothers used to call me ‘poet’. And Guru Mahäräja also very much appreciated this poetry. So anyway, this poetry is ‘Adore, adore ye all this happy day, Blessed than heaven, sweeter than May.’ So I heard that the month of May is very pleasing in the Western countries, so I compared the happiness of this day with May Day. ‘When he appeared at Puri, the holy place, my lord and master. His Divine Grace.”
(Lecture on the disappearance day of Bhaktisiddhänta Sarasvaté, Hyderabad, December 10th, 1976)


Adore adore ye all, The happy day

1
Adore adore ye all, The happy day.
Blessed than Heaven, Sweeter than May.
When He appeared at Puri, The holy place,
My Lord and Master His Divine Grace.

2
Misled we are All going astray,
Save us Lord Our fervent pray,
Wonder thy ways To turn our face
Adore thy feet Your Divine Grace.

3
Message of service Thou has brought.
A healthful life As Chaitanya wrought.
Unknown to all It's full of brace.
That's your gift Your Divine Grace.

4
Had you not come Who had told,
The message of Krishna Forceful and bold,
That’s your right You have the mace.
Save me a fallen Your Divine Grace.

5
Oh! my Master The evangelic angel.
Give us thy light, Light up thy candle.
Struggle for existence A Human race,
The only hope His Divine Grace.

6
Forgotten Krishna We fallen soul.
Paying most heavy The illusion's toll.
Darkness around All untrace,
The only hope His Divine Grace.

7
Absolute is sentient Thou hast proved.
Impersonal calamity Thou hast moved.
This gives us a life Anew and fresh.
Worship thy feet Your Divine Grace.

8
The line of service As drawn by you,
Is pleasing and healthy Like morning dew.
The oldest of all But in new dress
Miracle done Your Divine Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment